Planning for prom can take weeks—months, even—but we’re here to help. With the right preparation, you’ll be all set for a night that you won’t forget for the rest of your life. Check out our list and get ready to live out your best prom fantasies!
A Month Before Prom
- Get Your Tickets – First, secure your tickets to prom. Policies depend per school, but the ticket prices usually go higher as prom night gets closer.
- Shop for a Dress – Before you head to stores to shop for the dress of your dreams, get an idea of what you want by searching for style inspirations on the Internet.
- Pick Your Jewellery – It’s a must that you don’t skip the accessorizing part, but it’s also essential to do this only after you bought a dress.
- Book Appointments – Prom is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so you want to make sure you look all fabulous on this much-awaited night. Unless you’re a pro, it’s best to leave your hair and makeup to the experts. Book appointments early on so that you won’t have to settle for less.
Two Weeks Before Prom
- Make Pre-and After-prom Plans – Many prom-goers make plans with their squad before and after the dance. Are you meeting up with your girl gang to take some group pictures before the prom? Where are you staying post-prom? How will you get to the venue?
- Make Alterations to Your Dress – At least two weeks before the event, check if your dress still fits you perfectly. You might lose or gain weight by this time, so it’s best to pay your friendly neighborhood seamstress a visit to do alterations on your outfit.
- Practice Walking in Your Heels – If you’re not used to walking in heels, now is the perfect time to practice walking in elevated shoes. Remember that you and your pair of heels will be spending a few hours together, so you best get used to it.
- Do Glam Trials – When it comes to prom, a queen must not leave anything to chance. If you don’t want to get disappointed with your makeup artist’s work and have them redo your look, make sure to do glam trials at least a week before prom. This is the time to decide if you want a heavy glam look or a no-makeup look. Are you styling your natural hair or getting real hair clip-in extensions?
- Confirm Appointments – As prom night gets closer, it’s advisable to check in with your stylists and glam team and confirm your appointments.
Day of Prom
- Head to the Florist – Early in the morning, head to the florist to get your boutonniere or corsage, or have someone do it for you while you attend to your other prom night needs.
- Prep Your Look – Today’s the day! Make sure you had enough beauty rest from the previous day so that you’ll arrive at the salon looking fresh.
- Pack Your Purse – Pack your prom night essentials: your lipstick of choice, some blotting paper, perfume, your favorite gum, your phone, and some extra bobby pins just in case.
Night of Prom
- Have a Blast! Because really, that’s all you have to do: have fun. Take as many pictures as you want but also make sure to savor the moment because once it’s gone, there’s no turning back.